Wednesday, April 16, 2014

[Bethany Lutheran Church] Wednesday Words & Bethany Newsletter for April 16, 2014

Wednesday Words for April 16, 2014

From Pastor Carrie Smith

 

Thought for the Day:

Christians are those who remember the story of Jesus within the community of the church, in and for their own time and in their own lives.

Nicola Slee

+++

UPDATE: Our brother in Christ, Bob Bunt, who was taken to the hospital during the late service on Sunday, is doing very well! He thanks the church for all the prayers. With his typical good humor and positive outlook, he wrote:  

“Sometimes I believe the Lord acts in ways we don't understand and, perhaps, Sunday was one of those days.  I thank Pastor Carrie, Mike, Fred, and others I have never found out about yet for directing things and for everyone that said a prayer for me.  Perhaps it was my time to go and your prayers changed the Lord's plans, just like Moses in the wilderness when he prayed that God would not destroy the Israelites when they were disobedient.  I can report that I never saw myself in a tunnel looking at a bright light, so I don't think I was having a near death experience!”  

 

THANK YOU FROM THE MALPICA FAMILY: “On behalf of our family I would like to thank you and the people of Bethany for your hospitality and support for the celebration of Felix's ordination. It was indeed a joyous occasion to share this moment with the congregation that nurtured Felix in his faith journey for many years. Now we all send him to nurture God's people in Austin with the gospel of Salvation and hope. Thank you also for your financial support during his studies at Luther Seminary. It certainly was a big help to him as he tried not to accumulate a lot of student loan debt in order to be free and go anyplace the church would send him.  May this Holy Week be of renewal and joy for you and the congregation!”

Holy Week Services:

Maundy Thursday: 11 am & 7 pm

Stations of the Cross: Friday at 11 am

Good Friday Liturgy: 7 pm

Easter Vigil:

Saturday at 7 pm (begins outside under the canopy)

 

Easter Sunday: 8:30 am & 10:30 am

Egg Hunt! Easter Sunday at 9:30 am

 

 


Attachments:

This email sent by: